Where the wild things are

This is for the discussion of Motorcycling. The art, the science, the theory of all things related to our favorite sport... riding motorcycles.
ME 109

Where the wild things are

Post by ME 109 »

I fell asleep in the afternoon shade and began to dream of an island not too far away.
Through the curves and straights and double white lines, and crests and dips and where cops hide, my rs ran with my smile a mile wide.
Six beers on ice was gonna taste nice, hastening my pace to the island paradise......

Bear Island in the foreground, and the bear coming to get me.

In the care of Airbear, almost there

Thanks Charlie for an excellent afternoon. What a peaceful little island. And sailing around the island a couple of times really capped it off.

edit, I forgot the new forum eats half the photo. Right click the image and choose an option to view full photo or open in a new tab........if yer want.
Lord of the Bings
SteveD

Re: Where the wild things are

Post by SteveD »

Wow. That looks like close to the perfect day!

Charlie looks even more relaxed than usual. Any more and he'll need life support!

The lake looks full now, and the hills have a tinge of green they wouldn't have had for a dozen or so years.

Is he catching any fish out there?
Cheers, Steve
Victoria, S.E.Oz.

1982 R100RSR100RS supergallery. https://boxerboy81.smugmug.com/R100RS
2006 K1200R.
1994 R1100GS.
Zombie Master

Post by Zombie Master »

You guys can't fool me! Those pictures are from Kamloops British Columbia. Unless I see some bizarre marsupial, or poisonous snake, I'll just assume Airbear is trying to mess with my head! :!:
Any and all disclaimers may apply
ME 109

Post by ME 109 »

Kamloops, British Columbia..... You're right ZM, it does look very similar.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/1219170_f520.jpg

But this is definitely two frootloops at Airbears Island, in Lake Hume, Albury, New South Wales, Australia. :P (also called Hume Weir)

Not much fishing yet Steve, but Charlie said he was going to soon.
I'm going to go there again this saturday and stay the night.
I'll take out some choice cuts of meat and roast them on the camp fire as well as consume some more cold beers etc,etc.
Lake Hume has been down to about 3-4 % capacity by summers end for the last few years.
I haven't seen it 100% like this year for about 12 or more years.

Yesterday afternoon at Airbears island was one of the most relaxing times I've had for a long time. Everything was just perfect.
Lord of the Bings
Ross

Post by Ross »

Brillant stuff you guys in wooden boats. Real mens stuff. 8-)
Me wittle bit of the web........http://rossmz.blogspot.com/
Airbear
Location: Oz, lower right hand side, in a bit, just over the lumpy part.

Post by Airbear »

Great to catch up, Jeff. Thanks for bringing the icy cold beers. That was a nice bit of sailing.

Charlie
and Brunhilde - 1974 R90/6

Graduate, Wallace and Gromit School of Engineering and Design (Pending)
Chuey

Post by Chuey »

FUTURE wrote:Brillant stuff you guys in wooden boats. Real mens stuff. 8-)
He built that boat; Charlie, that is. It's a beaut! Cool pictures, guys.

How about 'splainin' what the deal is with "Charlie's island"? Does he live on an island?

Chuey
Steve78RS

Post by Steve78RS »

How about 'splainin' what the deal is with "Charlie's island"? Does he live on an island?

Chuey
I think Charlies leases the island from the authorities when the rising water level in the lake cuts the island off from the mainland. Normally a farmer agists his stock on the isthmus and island. The stock are removed when the water level rises and Charlie (Max) takes over his private kingdom.

Steve from Dubbo
R100RS to R100S Conversion
Ridercam

Post by Ridercam »

Awesome summer fotos. Great boat. thank you for reminding us it is summer elsewhere.
I always brake in corners and think how I am going to get home if I really mess up. When I get home, I wished that I hadn't used my brakes and should have ridden a bit further.
Deleted User 287

Post by Deleted User 287 »

Steve78RS wrote: I think Charlies leases the island from the authorities when the rising water level in the lake cuts the island off from the mainland. Normally a farmer agists his stock on the isthmus and island. The stock are removed when the water level rises and Charlie (Max) takes over his private kingdom.
Steve from Dubbo
Well, that would be a nice place to find oneself.